Sunday, February 1, 2009

Angry Ama

When I moved into my new place, I had a nice chat with the guy who rents it out. He is a typical old school Norwegian, a narrow-minded kind of type. Anyway, the place was recently renovated since the last person who had lived there was a "foreigner" and he appearantly tore up the place. By foreigner I doubt he meant a Swede or an Australian, but probably one of the more "coloured" and exotic ones we have the pleasure of sharing Norway with. (That wasn't irony!). I have no problem believing that some wacko lived here and destroyed things in the apartement and he happened to be from a foreign country. But the house owner starting explaining to me that "you know, they have a different way of life than us, a different life style blah blah blah"... Second after I moved in I plastered my walls with photographs from Ghana full of FOREIGNERS and appearantly house wreckers.

<-- Scary foreign home wrecker

Yesterday the man who lives 2 floors under me came to ask me if I also had problems with the internet, which I have, and we got into a conversation and of course, he had to tell the story of the apartement block. "There used to be foreigners in the other two apartements, so when I heard a Norwegian was moving in, I was happy" he said and referred to me. Just wait till my boyfriend comes here, I'm gonna be you guys' worst nightmare! Stupid morons. I really wanted to say something to his face yesterday, but since he was gonna talk to the house owner about the internet, I thought for now I have to keep my enemies closer...



Stupid apple knockers.

6 comments:

by Vero said...

Trønder = narrow-minded. You put us in the same "box" as the owner of the apartments put all the foreigners in one!

Yngvild said...

Sorry honey, it wasnt my intention. He is 2 things, a "trønder" AND a Norwegian narrow-minded type. ill try to rewrite it right now! :) forgive my English

by Vero said...

Good ;)

The Author said...

While I understand how you feel, Y, (and I should!) I would like to say some anger is not worth having over certain things and kinds of persons. So, let it go, please.

Yngvild said...

Yoooo, Nana Yaw!

Adaeze said...

hmmm..I agree with Nana but I understand you more than well enough. I get annoyed just hearing the story.