Friday, February 6, 2009

Brrr...

Ironically enough there are reports of heavy snowfall in Spain while we have been sitting here in the middle of Norway for weeks, though in freezing temperatures under MINUS 10 celcius, but NO snow. Grass sticking up through the frozen ground, but NO snow. And for those not so familiar with the sub-zero degrees, it usually snows if its a little bit warmer in the air, it feels warmer in some weird way with snow falling than 13 degrees below zero + sunshine. And if you add a bit of wind, the real effect of the degrees drops by 7-8 degrees. So yesterday we were blessed with -5 degrees and snow, and everybody were happy and little babies at work got to spend an hour outside playing in the snow. So did the adults, and they were very satisfied with that dose of fresh air. So today I woke up, hoping for the same, looked outside at the thermometer, it showed minus freaking fourteen degrees! Brr.. My fingers are cold from typing. I'm going into hibernation.

Looks nice? Freaking freezing February.

3 comments:

by Vero said...

It's cold outside, but the worst thing is when I get home from work in the evenings and it's only 14,5 degrees INSIDE...brrrr...

Adaeze said...

Hibernation isn't good enough. I'm moving. As soon as I get the money. I still have hope!

Anonymous said...

I never knew you were that good a geography. telling weather and explaining snow occurance? You are too much!