Monday, September 15, 2008

Au...

Yesterday I was at Kaneshie going to get a trotro to Tema. We had to cross a walkway over the main road which is really crowded, and somewhere in the crowd somebody decided to pinch me. Of course I couldnt see who it was of course. Actually, I have gotten used to such things, people reaching out, grabbing my hand or just touching a part of my body when I walk in really crowded places in Ghana. But this time it was a pinch! Anyway, I survived. But its weird. I wonder what a Ghanaian would think if he walked in Norway and some obroni reached out and pinched him... But I guess my body is public property.
Its funny that today I had a conversation with one of my co-workers, where he claimed that white people are racists and if they see a black person they rub the skin to see if its really the colour or dust (a chinese had done that...).

I brought up the pinching incident as a counter argument, while I told him that I'm quite sure not many Norwegians think black skin is black cos its dust on it.

2 comments:

The Author said...

Sorry to bring this up, but that pinch could have had more to do with 'carnal craving' that 'demographics'. Enough said. ;-)

Yngvild said...

you mean that is how ghanaian men show they like someone (want someone)? :) more like the whole primary school boy's way of showing a girl you like her, by being totally un-likeable. Anyway, I'll take it as a compliment then.