Saturday, July 3, 2010

This time for Africa!

Football has never hurt before. Unless it was a ball kicked in my face or something.

Yesterday's Ghana-Uruguay match was torture. I have never put so much feeling into a game before. We all know how it went. I'm not a good Ghanaian loser as Maya and Kajsa are writing about. I keep picturing Gyan missing the penalty.

That poor guy. I hope he rises.

If it was Norway playing, I don't think it would have felt as bad. In my head it wasn't a football game alone. It was Africa getting on top. Africa getting an energy boost they needed. A joy the whole continent would share. Showing that Africa can do what everyone else can do. Africa deserved this.


But as my brother in law writes on facebook; We will be back in 2014.

We will try to forget the pain from yesterday. We are off to the "big city" to celebrate our wedding anniversary. After all, there are more important things in the world than football.

2 comments:

Maya Mame said...

So true Yngvild, I'm preparing for 2014, maybe we'll even make it to Brazil?

As for being good losers, let me confess that in my house we all had a sleepless night, trying to understand what happened.

Happy wedding anniversary!

The Author said...

Loads of themes here. You're right that there are many more important things like football. Like marriage. Congrats on your wedding anniversary. We may or may not make it to 2014, but I won't suffer on that till the qualifying games come around. And Africa showed enough to the world, with Ghana's wonderful run.