Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Obamarama

I'm exhausted. I dont want to write a lot of bullshit. So today, for O, there will be an Obama/Mills-joke. Haha funny for us who know Ghana, and really boring for the rest of you. Unless I explain it, that is ;-)

John Atta-Mills (to the right, in case you were in doubt..) is the current president of Ghana. He made the deadly mistake of saying "ecomini" in a speech he held. So hereby, the funny joke...

How to explain the word "paa" at the end of his thought..? Any Ghanaians wanna help here? "Paa" means.....Hubby says it doesnt exist in English. So how do I know in my head exactly what it means, but I cant explain it? Mills is basically saying: "Oh, Prez Obama, you are making fun of mee...ohh". You see? I had to add another Ghanaian thing ... ohh...

Language is great!

GOod night!

2 comments:

Myne said...

What a slip of the tongue for the president. At least Obama is laughing with him LOL

Anonymous said...

LOL in Zimbabwe we'd call that a chope!