Sunday, October 25, 2009

Sunday morning

Sun is shining.

It's Sunday again, as I said, not my favorite day but I'm planning on making it exactly that. My Sundays starts with Hubby getting ready for church while I'm doing nothing (Yes, I am an infidel..). He goes to church and I eat breakfast and watch Dr. Phil....But today they had changed the programme to Oprah. Gosh. I'm being to honest here. Well, I do this while surfing a bit online and enjoying the lazy morning. But when the DAY starts to hit me it can go either ways. I can do sometihng really useful and nice, OR get stuck in my Sunday mood and nothing will work out.

When me and Hubby were seperated by distance, and only had contact over the phone, Sundays were days he was recommended by me not to call ME. Cos those were the days we were more likely to get into a fight about stupid things. (Everything becomes bigger and more negative when you only talk on the phone, and can't see the other's face, or body language + the delay on the line makes it even more annoying.) Sundays can still be a day for a fight, but not that much..:-)

SO what to do today? I have a mountain of dishes waiting for me in the kitchen, but right now I'm enjoying the great mind of Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie. Finally I got round to hearing her talk about the "Single Story".

Me, who constantly fight people who make AfriCA into a country and tell the kids that in Africa they dont have shops or fridges in the nursery where I work, her words are like birds singing in my ears. But I don't need to hear this, THEY do. Anyway. Back to the dishes. I'll play loud, energetic music... And wash them all.

Have a lovely Sunday!

3 comments:

Myne said...

Have a lovely week, chimamanda remains a great inspiration for me too.

The Author said...

Do I remember you saying once that you did not have anything to say on your blog. As I said then, you were wrong! I hope you did those dishes. Thanks for loving Africa.

Yngvild said...

I did the dishes, Nana Yaw! and thanks for your comment. i've been trying to find a way to lure you back ;-)